Author Topic: News on the New Course?  (Read 4038 times)

chrismacg

• View Profile
News on the New Course?
« on: June 13, 2008, 12:50:46 PM »
Does anyone have any information on the second course at Jack Brooks? I have heard a few bits of information on the course, but nothing confirmed. From what I have heard the second course will be on the south side of the park near the Veteran\'s Memorial and will be 18 baskets. I\'ve looked by the memorial and aside from the lone practice basket by the restrooms, I haven\'t seen anything. When is the course opening? Where is it going to be located?

I am willing to help out with the new course if there are weekend events scheduled for that sort of thing, but someone needs to make sure the information gets out.

Anyone?

Jake Walsdorf

News on the New Course?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 08:33:59 AM »
Movement to clear the brush and install baskets for the second course at Jack Brooks is currently in high gear.  Several die hard souls are working Saturdays from 8am to around noon.  Next time you are out at the park, get out of the car and walk behind the Veteran\'s Memorial and see the clearing for holes 1 thru 4.  The folks that are clearing need your help.  Information related to work dates and times has been posted at the other course for weeks.

Richard - Boo and I were talking about how bad we need your assistance right now.  Want to talk a summer trip?  I\'ll put you up and feed you.

Jake

chrismacg

• View Profile
News on the New Course?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »
I played Jack Brooks on Sunday morning (couldn\'t make it on Saturday as I had to be in Huntsville at 8am) and saw the signs at the other course. There was a decent map posted showing the new course and it looks exciting. Any idea when it\'s going to be open? When are the next construction days scheduled? Why isn\'t there a web site with more info for the Jack Brooks course?

Finally, Jack Brooks was in great shape on Sunday morning. The only issue we ran into was a bit of mud on some of the courses, but I had the right shoes for mud and still enjoyed myself.

Jake Walsdorf

News on the New Course?
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 04:06:00 PM »
Holes 9 thru 13 are installed and ready for play.  Tee signs and tee box material have not been installed yet and many small ground level stumps exist in some of the area so watch out.

The course lacks the clearing of 5 holes in the woods to be complete.  The information board at the course is the only sure place I know of for information related to work dates.

Richard Rasch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dghou.com
News on the New Course?
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:50:25 PM »
Jake, wish I could be there to help out but 1200 miles away is big $$$ with the price of gas and I can\'t figure out how to get the axe, loppers and rake past airport security :(
Oh well,

You can always post workday info here AND I\'ll be glad to post a updates and stories about Brooks on the front page of this site. Just send me the info!!

-Richard