Author Topic: River Grove Park In Kingwood  (Read 4844 times)

Very Humble

• View Profile
River Grove Park In Kingwood
« on: April 04, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
Just want to invite everyone to try out the Kingwood course. We have made some improvements up there, and we now have a sign with a map and the boy scouts have been making some improvements to the course. Email me if you never have played the course,and I can meet you up there and play a round with you. Its a very different courses with lots of trees.

Very Humble

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 01:18:47 AM »
There will be a tournament at Kingwood on Aug. 9th. Details to come.

Treat

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 09:48:12 AM »
Are you going to do some course maintenance? Or play it as is?

Midnightbiker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 04:45:57 PM »
Quote from: Treat
Are you going to do some course maintenance? Or play it as is?
Some work has been done to the course. The Boy scouts in the area have taken on the course a project and they have cut down some branches, and laid out trees on the ground to make paths from one hole to the next. Also a really nice sign and course map has been installed. Its going to be a fun and challenging tournament.

Rocky

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 12:11:46 PM »
The course at River Grove Park in Kingwood is listed on here as public.  However, that is not exactly true.  You have to be a resident of Kingwood in order to visit the park and play the course, and you have to have a special sticker on your car indicating that you are a Kingwood resident.  Please change your directory to indicate that this course is not open to the whole public.  I was very excited to find a public course in my area, but now I can\'t even go to it.

Country

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 03:03:49 PM »
Kingwood is free, only need a pass to park your boat. otherwise all parking free, park just closes at dusk. VERY difficult course and long. tons of fun just not many people out there

Very Humble

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 02:56:16 AM »
Quote from: Rocky
The course at River Grove Park in Kingwood is listed on here as public.  However, that is not exactly true.  You have to be a resident of Kingwood in order to visit the park and play the course, and you have to have a special sticker on your car indicating that you are a Kingwood resident.  Please change your directory to indicate that this course is not open to the whole public.  I was very excited to find a public course in my area, but now I can\'t even go to it.

I have played Kingwood for years. I have played out there well over 120 times and never had a problem,and I dont live in Kingwood. You only have to have a sticker on your car, if you are towing a trailer or boat. Last time I was there, the signs saying that you will get towed have been taken down all together.  
Its not a course for the faint of heart, it is a hard course, but its fun.

Adam

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 05:00:23 PM »
I just attempted to play the course this afternoon (attempted the key word!)   They have posted new signs that say that beginning January 1, 2011 ALL cars must have a Kingwood sticker.   Luckily there was someone from the Association at the park with me when I was reading the sign to make sure I understood what it meant.   Then she asked when my friend from Kingwood would be along to join me.   When I said I was from out of town and was playing by myself, she informed me that I was not welcome in the park.  Rather than make a scene, I just left.   This is why I will stick with Kansas golf, where they put up courses that are actually wanted to be played!

Very Humble

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 09:36:47 PM »
Yea, they announced that at the last tournament, and I think its crap. I am sorry you had such a bad experceince, and I hope you will come back and try some of the other courses.

Lefty

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 12:07:47 AM »
I play the river grove park often and havent had any trouble the k sticker non sense.
I honestly think they just keep an eye on the boating area.

I\'ve paid attention to the maintenance on the coarse and have always pitched in with picking up any litter and dropping it off in the nifty container.

I\'m all for art out there but i would like to see some of the offensive graffiti removed.

but out of all the coarse I\'ve played this one has to be the one i have the most fun on. Everyone i\'ve met on it are of friendly nature.

Very Humble

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 02:42:14 AM »
Quote from: Lefty
I play the river grove park often and havent had any trouble the k sticker non sense.
I honestly think they just keep an eye on the boating area.

I\'ve paid attention to the maintenance on the coarse and have always pitched in with picking up any litter and dropping it off in the nifty container.

I\'m all for art out there but i would like to see some of the offensive graffiti removed.

but out of all the coarse I\'ve played this one has to be the one i have the most fun on. Everyone i\'ve met on it are of friendly nature.

You should also check out the new one they just built off Aldine-Westfield and FM1960 called Timber Lane. Fun and very challeging 9-hole course through woods out there.

Lefty

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »
I\'ve played Aldine Quite a bit. I really like that coarse. Hole 2 is one of my favorties today, really skinny fairway tp a small fade right to the basic. the bayou shots are really fun a difficult.

Have you played stone bridge right befor Teramont on reasearch forest in the woodlands? It is so much fun, i\'ve played thered everyday for the past two weekends.